Racking repairs and racking maintenance is an essential part to the day to day running of any warehouse facility. The Rack Group's main priority is to make sure all racking repair and racking maintenance work on every customers sites is carried out in good time. This ensures all our customers are conforming to British Legislation, such as The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998.
The Health ans Safety at Work etc Act
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 provides for a comprehensive framework to promote, stimulate and encourage high standards of health and safety in the workplace. Its ultimate aim is to promote health ans safety awareness and effective standards of health and safety management by every employer. All persons at work are covered by the Act.
Part one of the Act places a general duty on every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees.
The Act goes on to state that, so far as is reasonably practicable, the employer must:
- Protect the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees.
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Ensure safety and absence of risks in the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
These regulations, applying to all workplaces, require employers to provide information to employees on the arrangements for dealing with 'serious and imminent danger and danger areas'.
In addition, employers must provide employees with comprehensible and relevant information relating to:
- Health and safety risks identified by the risk assessment process.
- The preventative and protected measures established.
- Emergency procedures.
- Health ans safety risks that have been notified to the employer.
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998
- Requires the equipment to be maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order, and in good repair.
- Work equipment that is exposed to conditions causing deterioration liable to result in dangerous situations must be inspected to ensure that health and safety conditions are maintained, and that any deterioration can be detected and remedied in good time.